Talent Tap is partnering with Godfrey, one of the nation's leading business to business integrated marketing agencies, to help hire a Strategist for their team.
Our Strategists partner closely with clients and agency teams to develop, guide and implement strategic initiatives that drive marketing communication programs for our clients. Strategists gather, define, and clarify insights from client’s organizations, the voice of the customer, the marketplace, and relevant channels to develop strategic programs that make a difference in our client’s business. Strategists work closely with clients and teams to develop positioning and channel strategies that achieve business goals and marketing objectives.
Strategists have a broad understanding of the marketing technology landscape and will be able to make recommendations about how to leverage technology to mine data-driven insights and help identify what moments in the customer journey clients must win, what information their customers are looking for, channels they use, and who influences their decision.
Strategists demonstrate a solid grasp of B2B marketing and communications. They maintain a current understanding of the latest b2b digital marketing communication channels, consider local and global implementations, and digital behaviors across touchpoints. They’re ready to collaborate with cross-functional teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term strategies, identify new opportunities and work for continuous improvement.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values -Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency - into overall position responsibilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term strategies, identify new opportunities and work for continuous improvement.
- Develop and drive insight and data-driven strategies, utilizing the right mix of message, formats, and channels to reach the targeted audience and move them along the buyer’s journey.
- Lead conversations around goals, business drivers and marketing objectives to better define strategies.
- Lead the research to uncover in-depth insight into client organizations, their customers and the buyer's journey to develop relevant, impactful strategies.
- Well-versed in digital (UX/mobile/web/social environments, etc.) and can recommend research approaches.
- Pair our voice of customer research methods with social listening, a review of the digital landscape of our clients and their competition, and an analysis of how the target audience moves from awareness to decision.
- Collaborate with teams to regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of programs and use that to drive recommendations.
- Develop the initial positioning strategy for brands and campaigns; work closely with members of the account and creative teams to make sure that those strategies inspire great work that effectively communicates in a differentiated manner.
- Mine insights to help identify what moments in the customer journey clients must win, what information their customers are looking for, channels they use, and who influences their decision. Define goals, identifies gaps to be filled through research, and analyze trends and results to determine strategic implications. Work closely with Account Team to recommend approach, strategy, scope, and execution of programs and campaigns.
- Serve as the lead strategist on assigned accounts/prospects and oversees the development of strategic deliverables.
- Develop and manage research plans, conduct research, as well as delegate and manage team members to support research efforts. This research may include primary and secondary research, such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, UX methods, Internet searches, competitive reviews and media audits.
- Facilitate digital planning and requirements gathering sessions.
- Lead the development of the buyer’s journey maps, illuminating opportunities for engagement and focusing on the behavior drivers that will result in more effective strategies.
- Develop messaging platforms and positioning. Architect the communications strategy across channels that deliver on insights.
- Maintain a current understanding of vertical market trends for assigned accounts, keeping up to date on major industry or technology developments, tracking competitive activity as warranted. Evaluate the latest sources of insights and market data as well as syndicated research to ensure the agency always has access to best-in-class intelligence.
- Collaborate with core leads and subject matter experts to establish the KPIs that matter most and help define the optimization plan to improve effectiveness over time.
- Collaborate with other team members or initiative individual learning to learn about marketing technology and digital channels to understand how various platforms can support strategies and drive results
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts Self-motivated contributor who works well as an individual and within a team environment.
- Minimum 6 years professional experience in strategic marketing research, marketing, marketing communications or closely allied positions Demonstrated decision-making, problem-solving, conceptual, and strategic-thinking ability.
- Fluent and flexible in research techniques and tools, both quantitative and qualitative, as well as new methodologies that combine approaches.
- Comfortable with using research, testing, data, and analytics to deliver and improve experiences across the customer journey.
- Ability to work with both short-term deliverables and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational skills; capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents and communicate at all levels of management.
- Computer knowledge and skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint