Looking for an opportunity with a company whose Core Values include Teamwork, Customer Care and Employee Ownership? Cargas is that company. Being recognized for 13 years on the PA Best Places to work confirms that they do what they say. Talent Tap is partnering with Cargas Systems to hire an experienced Software Engineer for their Energy team. We’re seeking a smart and experienced software engineer who can work collaboratively with the product team to achieve a high level of success and quality.
From their employee-owned culture to their flip-flop-friendly dress code, Cargas does things a little differently. You get to be in the thick of the action. They practice Open Book Management, so you know the sales, profits, challenges, and opportunities. They collaborate at all levels, so your ideas are heard. They have a flexible work environment, so they trust you to make good decisions on when you need to put in extra effort to take care of customers and when you can take time for personal matters. They have an environmentally-friendly office building, with solar panels, passive solar, and an indoor bicycle rack and showers. They share success widely through their Profit Sharing, Bonus Plan, and Employee Ownership. They work hard and have fun!
- Design and implement features for industry leading suite of applications including web and mobile.
- Implement new user interfaces, webservices, and database designs.
- Develop integrations with other software services and types of hardware.
- Collaborate with support teams to troubleshoot and resolve bugs.
- Work closely with quality assurance team to ensure acceptability, correctness, and performance.
- Partner with business analysts to provide technical guidance and build estimates.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external technical users.
- Fully participate in the entire software design lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 1-4 years’ experience in programming and/or software development; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Trouble shooting skills
- Experience developing software from written specifications
- Ability to understand different software development processes and roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience as a software engineer with production level software
- Experience with software product management
- Experience with Angular.js, React, Bootstrap, jQuery, git, and other modern web design tools
Cargas Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.