Senior Interface Designer
In your role as Sr. Interface Designer, you work either independently or in conjunction with fellow designers, taking the work from brief evaluation and interrogation, developing and evaluating design territories, pushing to find ‘big ideas’ based on design strategy and the brief. You have passion for creative and design excellence, keeping a healthy balance between current creative, design trend knowledge and creative intuition, always grounding the work in sound strategic design rationale.
You are optimistic, creative, and curious. You are vulnerable, you don’t know everything about everything and you are not afraid of learning something new every day. This hunger for learning is the fuel for how you frame solutions for the organizations we partner with (oh, side note - in our culture, we are not vendors and we don’t have clients: we are all partners).
You want to tackle the complex challenge of designing a consistent, easy-to-use, and delightful product experience across all platforms for several different types or groups of people. You have a good sense for what will work and what won’t - you stay on the cusp of what’s next in design and technology, embracing it and sharing it with everyone around you. And you’re confident in saying when you see something wrong: it pains you to see sloppily done work. Basically... You are embarrassed by anything with your name on it that is not amazing. Like all of us at the agency, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting!
● 6+ years of experience, designing web & mobile applications, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your role in Web, Digital, UX/Product, and everything in between. You’ll need versatility in this role!
● A strong portfolio that helps you demonstrate your design point-of-view and your ability to think strategically (must include relevant client work)
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications, or equivalent experience to be assessed upon portfolio review (we know there are plenty of self-taught wildly talented designers out there!)
● Strong communication skills and working knowledge of graphic design and digital media
● Must be an excellent communicator.
● Experience owning projects and maintaining cohesiveness amongst a client partner's collective body of work.
● Hunger for learning, growth and opportunities to collaborate with a team.
● Outstanding technical skills with Adobe Creative Suite; familiarity with new media technology/software is a plus. Familiarity with applications such as Invision, Sketch, Miro, Figma - we might add more to the mix, so be ready to learn!
● Excellent and current creative and design trend knowledge and skills.
● Capable of collaborating confidently with other agency and supplier team members and have a passion for cracking tough strategic and design problems
● Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team, with excellent time-management skills.
● Evidence of strong conceptual thinking and design development.
● Evidence of strategic, creative and/or UX solutions that supports project goals● Evidence of understanding to B2B and B2C businesses.
● Basic working knowledge of CSS/HTML.
● Expertise in the distinct platform differences between Desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android.
● Excellent written and verbal communication, along with presentation skills: we expect you to be able to strategically present and defend work in front of our client partners, while mentoring your team in doing just that.
● Complete understanding and proving examples of how strategy, content and design intersect together.