At Godfrey, we believe the clients and industries we serve make the world work better. Complex products—like those our clients create—make the world safer, cleaner and more productive. Our job is to help those clients tell the world how they do that in the most impactful way possible. All the stories we tell and campaigns we develop require digital tactics that create a compelling, data-driven experience that connects each user in precisely the way they need.
Their interactive designers play an essential role in the concept and design of engaging digital experiences that move users to act and deliver results for our clients. Under the strategic guidance of Associate Creative Directors and Creative Directors, their interactive designers bring those innovative and fresh experiences to life while minding deadlines and planned hours. They also work with their fellow web development team members to understand the nuances of specific software requirements, QA and testing of those experiences.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values - Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency - into overall position responsibilities.
· Create, original, persuasive, conceptual, and visually compelling designs across varying digital experiences (websites, landing pages, microsites, apps, and emails) and maintain knowledge of best practices across those experiences.
· Produce wireframes, flows, and prototypes at appropriate fidelity leveraging tools such as InVision, Sketch + Craft, and Webflow
· Guide (as needed) internal and client digital design reviews with the help of Associate Creative Directors and/or Creative Directors
· Research and present new digital design tools and processes to the team, when necessary
· Understanding of the basic integration of front-end design/development and back-end development, participate in code reviews and testing processes, and ensure a successful execution of each digital project
· Assist with digital experience estimates, scope, and actuals to ensure related tasks drive profitability
· Actively support and work closely with various team members in completing assigned projects
· Educate yourself with any client’s background, brand standards, customer base, market, competitors and other relevant information — and keep that knowledge current
Background in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Design, Computer Science or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Experience with design systems, style guides, brand standards, responsive design and grid systems
Experience with UX/UI principles and best practices
Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Knowledge of CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap
Knowledge of ADA compliancy a plus
Proven ability to manage digital design projects and provide brainstorming, concepting and idea presentation support
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
Must be creative and possess conceptual problem-solving skills
Keen eye for aesthetics, font pairings, color palettes, and creating illustrations and icons—
but can also work with other designers to delegate these items
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to
articulate concepts/ideas are required
Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
Must be able to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team
Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you are as much a teacher as you are a