Public Relations Associate Account Manager
Location : Lancaster, PA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Category : Marketing
Job Description :
Talent Tap is partnering with Godfrey, one of the nation's leading business-to-business marketing agencies, to help them hire an Associate Public Relations Account Manager. The Associate PR Account Manager is an energetic person with a disciplined work ethic who has the desire and ability to help execute high-impact trade/technical and corporate PR programs for business-to-business clients in a variety of industries. Demonstrated writing ability and project-management skills are essential; evidence of client- and media-relations skills is preferred.
Job Summary: The Associate Account Manager supports our account management staff with strong customer service, organizational and project management skills to manage the elements that make up the PR programs we execute for our business-to-business clients.
The successful Associate Account Manager is:
• Highly motivated and detail oriented, with the ability to define the scope and mission of projects; plan schedules, budgets, and determine tasks and resources; and then manage projects to completion on time and on budget.
• Able to provide valuable client contact within the context of specific projects, to communicate or gain information critical to meeting time and budget expectations.
• Able to provide valuable media contact, in order to understand and verify editorial needs and deadlines and deliver the appropriate, client-approved publicity materials.
• Responsible for the overall coordination of internal resources in the execution of program elements, as well as tracking and reporting progress to internal account-management staff as well as clients.
• Expected to achieve billable goals, as previously determined by his/her supervisor.
The Associate PR Account Manager directly supports the work of other account-management professionals. He or she is responsible for the execution of assigned elements of custom PR programs. Execution may include any aspect of a program (i.e., print and broadcast publicity, interactive media products and Internet services, social media press releases and press kits, podcasts, etc.; research, results documentation and reporting, and stewardship of client budgets).
In a supervised setting, the Associate PR Account Manager also functions as a secondary contact – sometimes primary -- with clients, client customers, and editors, reporters and analysts covering client industries. Travel to client and client-customer locations, and participation in relevant trade shows/conferences and editorial meetings, is necessary (while this varies, the PR AAM may estimate one trip of 2-3 days in length every other month or six times per year).
The Associate Account Manager is responsible for helping ensure the quality of our PR projects. A requisite skill is the effective delegation and management of copy writing, clerical/production needs, creative and art direction, photo or image direction, etc. Success will be determined by a combination of factors, including the demonstrated ability to:
- Win the confidence and trust of senior account management staff, clients and media
- Execute projects effectively, quickly, thoroughly and accurately
- Achieve results within budget
- Handle multiple assignments, “switch gears” smoothly, and meet deadlines consistently
Reports to: Senior PR Account Manager & Team Leader (TBD). Supervisory responsibility -- Direct: None; Indirect: Variety of support staff, on a project basis Chief
Required Qualifications :
1. Carry out responsibilities in a professional, collaborative manner without intensive supervision.
2. Keep supervisor and account team members informed of all significant accomplishments, opportunities, problems, and client-relationship issues.
3. Become an indispensable member of the account team; knowledgeable of our processes as well as client products, technology and relevant industry issues.
4. Contribute daily as a working member of a professional PR service team.
1. BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: Communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, social media, journalism, or liberal arts.
2. Two or more years (with some exceptions) of professional experience, preferably in a PR and/or social media position (client or agency side), or related media or analyst position. Experience in technical fields or advanced-technology business may be a plus. 3. Clearly demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work well with clients and editors.
4. Understanding of the principles of business-to-business marketing communications, and how PR is integrated into overall marketing communications programs. Preferred
1. Ability to work well with diverse people and as part of a team.
2. Enthusiastic, energetic, confident and motivated.
3. Calm under pressure, patient.
4. Curious about/interested in technology and its application.
5. Detail oriented and well organized.
6. Loves the communications business.
7. Creative, inventive, collaborative.
8. Interested in/knowledgeable about social media.