Public Relations Account Manager
- Charged with researching, planning, proposing and managing PR programs under the supervision of an Account Group Manager and/or a Senior Public Relations Account Manager.
- Responsible for managing programs and projects, estimating, monitoring internal and external costs, budget control, margin enhancement and billing.
- Building a career in B-to-B PR or marketing communications, with 5+ years of experience, preferably in account management.
- Expected to maintain the profitable short- and long-term growth of existing accounts, and to contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
- Teamed with Associate Account Managers and/or PR Coordinators, depending on the needs of clients, but generally not expected to have supervisory responsibility (except on a project basis).
- Expected to travel to client and client-customer locations, participate in relevant trade shows, conferences and other events, and plan and conduct editorial visits nationally and internationally as needed.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining a positive client relationship, ensuring quality of work and program results, and maintaining established billing/profit goals. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation and management of copy writing, media research, clerical/production needs, creative or art direction, photo, image and video direction, etc.
In collaboration with agency and client personnel:
1. Conceive, present, and sell PR programs and projects.
2. Maintain/increase billings and profit for each assigned account.
3. Establish and maintain a regular pattern of contact – both formal and informal – with appropriate client personnel, media representatives and industry analysts.
4. Supervise the research and writing of news releases, feature articles, case studies/application stories, sales and technical newsletters, Internet text, press-conference scripts, and other speaker support materials. (Handle some copywriting directly, as needed, on a project basis).
5. Obtain and document necessary client approvals of PR materials.
6. Pitch and place articles and stories with trade, business and consumer media – online, print and broadcast.
7. Direct the work of Associate Account Managers and PR Coordinators who coordinate support services (copy, production, art, photography, news distribution, press clip tracking and reporting, etc.) to ensure client deadlines and budgets are met.
8. Document and report program activity and results to clients regularly.