Public Relations Account Manager
Location : Lancaster, PA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+ years
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Advertising
Job Category : Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Job Description :
Talent Tap is partnering with Godfrey, one of the nation's leading business to business marketing agencies, to hire an experienced Public Relations Account Manager for their team. The Godfrey Public Relations Account Manager is an experienced and energetic person who has the desire and ability to conceive, sell and execute high-impact public relations programs for business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients in a variety of industries. Superior planning, writing, client- and media-relations skills, plus sales and presentation ability, are essential. Degree plus five or more years of relevant experience required. The Account Manager is responsible for managing client PR programs and projects from concept/planning through execution. The account manager is the key day-to-day interface between Godfrey, its clients and the journalists, bloggers and analysts covering client industries, markets and areas of technology.
The account manager is:
- Charged with researching, planning, proposing and managing PR programs under the supervision of an Account Group Manager and/or a Senior Public Relations Account Manager.
- Responsible for managing programs and projects, estimating, monitoring internal and external costs, budget control, margin enhancement and billing.
- Building a career in B-to-B PR or marketing communications, with 5+ years of experience, preferably in account management.
- Expected to maintain the profitable short- and long-term growth of existing accounts, and to contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
- Teamed with Associate Account Managers and/or PR Coordinators, depending on the needs of clients, but generally not expected to have supervisory responsibility (except on a project basis).
- Expected to travel to client and client-customer locations, participate in relevant trade shows, conferences and other events, and plan and conduct editorial visits nationally and internationally as needed.
- The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining a positive client relationship, ensuring quality of work and program results, and maintaining established billing/profit goals.
- A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation and management of copy writing, media research, clerical/production needs, creative or art direction, photo, image and video direction, etc.
Required Qualifications :
- Education and Experience
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: Communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, or liberal arts.
- Five or more years of account management experience, preferably in a public relations position (client or agency side), social media position or related media/analyst position.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work well with clients, editors and the account service team.
- Understanding of and devotion to the principles of business-to-business marketing communications and how PR is integrated into overall marketing communications programs.