Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Job Description :
Talent Tap is partnering with a leading marketing and design agency to help them hire a Client Advisor for their growing team!
The Client Advisor role is to be the client advocate; they ensure the experience of working with the agency is as great as the products, solutions and innovations that we deliver. The agency's Project Manager role is to be the agency advocate; to be successful, these two disciplines must work closely together. They are flip sides of the same coin, approaching situations from opposite perspectives -- each of which has tremendous value to keep the agency healthy and profitable. Our Client Advisors are the primary contact and first interaction, they oversee the relationship with our client partners, and the “master plan” for client projects. They are directly responsible for invoicing and revenue for clients. Client Advisors are not PMs, but are aware of all of the projects for their clients, and influence and inform the projects and their outcomes. This is an influential role at the agency-- both respected and trusted internally and externally. This position reports to the Partnerships Director. Like the rest of the the team, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things in your life! Here’s a few we hope you can help them with:
● Own, lead and manage the agency's client relationships; build strong and lasting working relationships with clients.
● Act as a client advisor/consultant.
● Drive the strategic direction of the relationship.
● May participate with or run strategic account planning for accounts, including supporting the budget planning process.
● Have in-depth knowledge of client’s business, industry and competitive landscape (and their positioning within this landscape).
● Become immersed in the client’s business to become an expert and advocate for the client.
● Responsible for helping to assemble a rock-star team for clients made up of the best practitioners; they know who to bring into the conversation from the agency to help solve client challenges.
● Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and leverage existing opportunities to expand scope on current projects.
● Pitch work and write proposals (with contribution from the agency's engagement and PM teams).
● Communicate ideas and rationale to internal teams and clients.
● Work with vendors and project managers on contracts and other legal documents to ensure they are all signed and follow the internal workflow.
● Identify strategic opportunities for clients based on their industry.
● May work with internal agency team members to compile proposals, strategies, scopes of work, etc. to finalize opportunities. Expectation Setting
● Manage client expectations (based on a foundation of trust, and expectation of quality deliverables; PMs manage project expectations; strategists deliver assets and outputs for project strategy).
● Lead client-facing engagements.
● Lead and oversee the process of writing client-facing briefs that achieve client’s objectives and transfer pertinent information to the agency's team.
● Represent agency solutions to the client.
● Ensure the work is on brand and achieves client goals.
Required Qualifications :
● 5+ years experience working in a strategic, consultative client-facing role. Agency experience required.
● Bachelor’s Degree; previous experience consulting or advising is preferred.
● Client Advisors should have a breadth of experience to anticipate client feedback.
● Should be a generalist and not a specialist.
● Experience scoping, estimating and pitching projects.
● A history of acting as a collaborative leader with cross-functional teams.
● A natural or learned ability to push clients at the appropriate time and demonstrate flexibility at the appropriate time.
● A desire to work collaboratively.
● An interest in solving problems that don’t have obvious solutions.
● Ability to think critically.
● An honest passion for client service and the larger design industry.
● The ability to advocate for ideas while demonstrating humility; sharing skills with others and growing under the direction of the Partnerships Director.
● The willingness and ability to occasionally travel and be client-facing as our clients’ needs evolve.