Nonprofit Compliance Specialist
In its sixth year in business, Harbor Compliance continues to grow exponentially. Their company is committed to autonomy, transparency, and excellence. Their leaders genuinely want employees and clients to feel not just content, but ridiculously happy! They strive to create an environment that enables employees to grow and succeed, demonstrating leadership in their daily work.
We're looking to add another Compliance Specialist to their team. This individual will facilitate compliance services to businesses of all types, sizes, and locations throughout the United States. Within their small-team work environment at Harbor Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will be in a unique position to help both nonprofit founders transform their visions into realities and assist staff members of established organizations achieve better outcomes. Working virtually with their clients in every state, the Compliance Specialist will guide clients throughout the full life-cycle of compliance, from legal formation of organizations to nationwide management of state compliance filing requirements. The Compliance Specialist will manage multiple projects at any given time and demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills. The Compliance Specialist will be positioned as a compliance expert and assist with various marketing initiatives.
Key Measures for Success
Success in this position will be measured by the following:
1. Ensuring client satisfaction
2. Maintaining our company's 100% success rate of applications with the IRS
3. Completing applications efficiently with great accuracy
4. Establishing oneself as a compliance expert within various business sectors
5. Demonstrating leadership to efficiently move projects along to completion
Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Compliance Specialist include:
- Manage a workload of multiple open projects
- Consult with clients to determine eligibility and understand roadmap for establishing their organizations
- File articles of incorporation and IRS applications
- Customize bylaws, conflict of interest policies, and related documents
- Consult with clients to provide outstanding support and guidance
- Ensure client satisfaction at all times
- Coordinate specialized assistance from other team members
- Work closely with our marketing team to publish articles, present webinars, etc.
- Complete any additional tasks as needed while maintaining a team-oriented, “whatever it takes” attitude
- At least three years of experience working with corporate filings in a related industry such as accounting, paralegal or non-profit leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF, email and online project management tools
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team to achieve company goals.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including effectively communicating complex concepts in writing and verbally in an easy-to-understand way
- Strong customer service skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.