Copywriter - part-time
Talent Tap is partnering with a food-service industry powerhouse to add a freelance part-time Copywriter for a critical need in their creative department. The Copywriter articulates the voice and positioning of the brand(s) while developing concepts and copy. This position creates, writes, and edits content for varied media (e.g., digital, social, print, broadcast, etc.).
· Writes and Edits Copy
· Transforms ideas and information into compelling copy while ensuring brand consistency.
· Creates and writes copy in print and digital for emails, presentations, display ads, sites, advertising, campaigns, collateral, blogs, social media, and other media for diverse audiences.
· Creates and writes marketing and promotional materials for online and offline channels.
· Reviews copy to ensure consistency (e.g., style, tone, quality, etc.) and adherence to marketing standards.
· Proofreads online texts and communications developed by creative teams to ensure accuracy.
· Collaborates with creative team members to brainstorm, develop concepts, and optimize design, content, layout, and messaging.
· Assists with conception and creation of social media campaigns.
*** Freelance copywriter may need to come into the office for meetings or collaboration. May work from home. ***
- Experience copywriting in advertising, marketing, or publishing
- 2-4 years’ Experience in varied media (e.g., digital, social, print, broadcast, etc.)
- Portfolio of integrated campaigns and ideas that are brand building, extraordinary, and memorable across both digital and traditional platforms
- Retail, restaurant, food, or beverage experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Advanced
- Knowledge of Internet technology
- Online and social media fluency (e.g., eCommerce, websites, blogs, etc.)
- Knowledge of the rules governing the grammar usage of the English language and familiarity with standard reference texts
- Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics, and typography
- Ability to convey clear, concise information in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats; and to demonstrate active listening while engaging others
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; to edit work for spelling and grammar; to read and accurately interpret written information; and to vary writing style to meet needs
- Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, trust, and support